PAN-FRIED HADDOCK WITH OLIVES AND TOMATOES
4 fresh haddock fillets (roughly 180g each) ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil 1 onion, finely chopped 2 garlic cloves, minced 1 cup dry white wine ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved ¼ cup pitted black olives 1 tbsp capers, roughly chopped ¼ cup chicken broth ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped ½ handful basil, chopped Salt and black pepper
1. Season the fillets liberally with salt and pepper.
2. Heat half the olive oil in a large pan and add the fillets to cook for 4 minutes on each side, then set aside.
3. Add the remaining olive oil to the same pan and add the onion to sauté until it begins to caramelise, then add the garlic and keep stirring until it becomes fragrant.
4. Add the wine and use a wooden spoon to scrape the bits free from the bottom of the pan.
5. Once the wine has reduced by half, add the tomatoes, olives and capers and cook until the wine has cooked away. 6. Now, stir in the chicken broth and let it reduce by half before checking the seasoning and mixing through the parsley and basil.
7. Finally, add the fish back and keep spooning the sauce over it until the fish is warmed through.
Goes Well With:
Roasted Artichokes, Buttered Kale, Caprese Salad