3 cups black or sushi rice 6 cups water
600g raw salmon/ cooked prawns
600g pineapple 3 avocados
600g raw beetroot
3 sheets seaweed
600g edamame beans pinch shaved ginger
1 cup crushed cashew nuts FOR THE DRESSING
1 cup rice or sushi vinegar 1 cup honey
1 cup soy sauce pinch ginger shavings
1. Cook the rice in the water.
2. Make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients together and set aside.
3. Cut the salmon/prawns and pineapple into cubes.
4. Cut the avocados into thin slices.
5. Julienne the beetroot, carrots and seaweed.
6. To serve, place a helping of black rice in the centre of each serving bowl followed by a few slices of avocado.
7. Add the rest of the ingredients with the seaweed and cashews last.
8. Drizzle the dressing over each poke bowl and mix it all up before serving.
COOK’S NOTE I use a small rice bowl to measure each portion.
Susan Zachariou, cocker spaniel, Snoo, and Catherine Mo