DECK THE HALLS
Flower designer Louise Eichner shares her stepby-step guides on how to make three gorgeous wreaths
Expert tips for making your own wreath
1 GOING GREEN WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Pot tape (available from florist’s suppliers) Floral foam
Wire wreath base (available from most florist’s suppliers)
Wooden skewers cut into 10cm pieces Artificial green apples
Fresh ivy or any other long-lasting foliage Ribbon for a large bow
Floral wire for the bow
Oil to make the apples shine
HOW TO DO IT:
1. Using pot tape, attach the dry f loral foam to the wire wreath base.
2. Push two skewers into the base of each artificial apple.
3. Insert the apples into the f loral foam until it’s completely covered.
4. Fill any gaps with ivy or any longlasting greenery.
5. Make a large bow from the ribbon and attach at the bottom with wire.
6. Use the oil to shine the apples.
2 NATURE’S BOUNTY WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Floral foam base soaked in water (float it on water and once it sinks, it’s ready to use)
Greenery: succulents, aloe, ivy, ferns and any other garden foliage