MEET MASTERCHEF AUSTRALIA WINNER
Season 9 of MasterChef Australia concluded in a nail-biting finale seen in South Africa last week. We bring you eight things you may not know about the winner Diana Chan and the competition:
1. Chan walked away with A$250 000 cash prize and a contract with a local food magazine. Runner-up Ben Ungermann received A$40 000.
2. Contestants lived away from home for seven months for the filming of this season.
3. Aged 30, Chan was born in Malaysia, the youngest of three children and moved to Australia to study when she was 19.
4. Chan plans to open a restaurant. Her vision is a casual dining venue serving balanced meals featuring a fusion of Malaysian and other influences.
5. Before winning MasterChef accountant Chan worked as a senior analyst for Deloitte.
7. Her partner Tim McNamara encouraged her to