This week’s quiz has a mode of transport in every answer.
1. In what vehicle was John F Kennedy travelling when he was assassinated? A) Aircraft, B) Limousine, C) Helicopter, D) Tram
2. What mode of transport is featured in the Roy Lichtenstein pop art painting “Whaam!”?
3. What “S” is a term which describes a “smooth transition from one topic to the next”? It’s derived from the Italian “to follow”.
4. Which mode of transport completes the title of the famous Agatha Christie novel: “Murder on the …”?
5. In the Tennessee Williams play, what vehicle was named “Desire”?
6. Who was the lead singer of Roxy Music?
7. I was born in Beijing and became a wushu martial arts champion. Richard Nixon once asked me to become his bodyguard. I took up acting and starred in “Lethal Weapon 4”, “Rome Must Die” and “The Forbidden Kingdom”. Who am I?
8. What “T” is both an ethnic group of Saharan nomads often called
“the blue people” (due to their indigo clothing) and a model of Volkswagen SUV?
9. What mode of transport is featured on the flags of Costa Rica and Belize? A) Wagon, B) Galleon, C) Chariot, D) Raft
10. What car’s first model was the “Silver Ghost”? A) Aston Martin, B) Rolls-Royce, C) Bentley, D) Maserati
11. A wainwright was originally a manufacturer and restorer of what? 12. Which song was taken to number one in various countries by Little Eva (1962) and Kylie Minogue (1988)? It begins, “Everybody’s doing a brand new dance now.”
13. With what type of machine would one associate the designer Geoffrey de Havilland?
14. Which NBA basketball team play their home games in Houston? 15. In rugby union, a maul that is deemed illegal due to obstruction is known as “truck and …”.
16. What vehicle was “Street Hawk” in the ’80s TV series of the same name?
17. Name the actress who starred in “Good Will Hunting”, “Grosse Pointe Blank” and “GoldenEye”.
18. Two Ian Fleming novels were adapted into screenplays by Roald Dahl, one was the Bond film “You Only Live Twice”. What was the other?
19. The Enola Gay dropped the atomic bomb on Hiroshima. Name the B-29 bomber that dropped the bomb on Nagasaki?
20. With what vehicle would you associate the “Jesus nut”?
Answers on this page