This week it’s a gentle quiz.
1. In which month in 2001 were the World Trade Centre towers destroyed?
2. What type of creature was the TV character Lassie?
3. Which large sea separates Africa from Europe?
4. A Greek salad typically incorporates which cheese?
5. Alexander Dumas’ “The Three Musketeers” was originally published in which language? A) Spanish, B) French, C) German, D) Norwegian
6. Fill in the missing creature from the common English expression referring to a straight line from one location to another, “as the ... flies”. 7. In which ocean is Fiji?
8. Reigning from 1368 to 1644, which Chinese dynasty was known for its beautiful vases? A) Tang, B) Ming, C) Han, D) Zhou
9. Which film features a boy called Elliot who discovers an alien?
10. What is the name of the artist or band that has hits with “The Hills”, “Starboy” and “Blinding Lights”? A) The Weeknd, B) Dayz and Confused, C) 30 Seconds to Mars,
D) Three Dog Night
11. What nationality is golfing great Nick Faldo?
12. What -ology concerns itself with the brain and the rest of the nervous system?
13. Which animal (pictured) appears on the logo of the World Wildlife Fund for Nature?
14. Which band is linked to the lyrics “Every move you make, Every vow you break, Every smile you fake, Every claim you stake, I’ll be watching you”?
15. Which film character has been played by Tobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield and Tom Holland? 16. Which manufacturer created the PlayStation gaming console?
17. Which planet in the solar system is most like the Earth in size, mass, density and gravity?
18. Which Shakespearian play is known as the “Scottish Play”? A) “Hamlet”, B) “Macbeth”,
C) “The Taming of the Shrew”, D) “All’s Well that Ends Well”
19. Which two countries participate in rugby’s Bledisloe Cup?
20. Who was the last British queen by succession before Queen Elizabeth II?
Answers on this page