● Caitlyn Jenner came out as a trans woman in 2015. Two years later she had gender reassignment surgery.
● Angela Ponce, right, made history as the first openly transgender woman to be crowned Miss Spain. She went on to represent her country in the Miss Universe 2018 competition as its first openly transgender contestant.
● In the US, 1.4-million people identify as transgender.
● Transgender people have low rates of access to health and HIV services due to a range of issues including violence, legal barriers, stigma and discrimination.
● Transgender women are about 49 times more likely to be living with HIV than other adults of reproductive age.