Garlic roast beef & horseradish sauce
Top this holiday-worthy roast with a finger-licking-good horseradish sauce to impress your guests.
1.4kg boneless beef eye of round roast
1 teaspoon salt, divided
¾ teaspoon ground pepper, divided
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 shallot, minced (¼ cup)
2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary 3 cloves garlic, minced, plus 1 clove grated, divided
1 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 205°C.
2. Season roast with ¾ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
3. Heat oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
4. Add roast, turning every few minutes.
5. Remove from heat. Combine bu er, shallot, rosemary and minced garlic; spread on top of roast. Roast at 51-54°C.
6. Transfer roast to cu ing board to rest for 10 minutes.
7. Whisk grated garlic, yoghurt, horseradish, mustard and lemon juice in a small bowl.
8. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Slice beef thinly and serve with sauce.