Now rest in peace, Miguel
ONE week after the body of a little boy was found in Longbury, Phoenix, police have confirmed that it was that of nine-year-old Miguel Louw.
The boy’s family were informed yesterday afternoon that the DNA results were positive.
Miguel went missing on July 17 when he was last seen walking home from his school in Rippon Road, Sydenham.
Miguel’s aunt, Nadia Omarjee, declined to comment last night.
She said she was on her way to the family home and was unsure of the details.
KwaZulu-Natal police spokesperson Colonel Thembeka Mbele confirmed the body was that of Miguel and that his family had been informed.
She said the man accused of kidnapping Miguel, Mohammed Ebrahim, 43, would now face murder charges.
He is still in police custody after he failed to pay his R2 500 bail last month after his arrest on kidnapping and theft charges. He is expected back in court on Monday. CCTV footage taken at a local KFC outlet showed Ebrahim with Miguel on the day he went missing.