Principles that cement the solid bonds of friendship
IDENTIFYING your real friendships:
● You speak highly of each other and defend each other when necessary.
● You have a shared resilience and are committed to the long-haul of life.
● You offer mutual and thoughtful support and you are not afraid to openly withhold it when you must.
● You are unafraid to confront each other when it comes to matters of integrity or when you think the other one is just plain wrong.
● You can share ideas and speak about what you are thinking without embarrassment or fear and without being held to the thoughts you were exploring.
● You understand each other’s sense of humour and have developed a thick skin for when one is needed.
● You tell each other the truth even when the truth is easier to avoid.
● There’s no jealousy between you and you encourage each other to enjoy a wide and growing circle of friends.
● You are always glad to see each other and forgive each other when necessary.
● Even though you could finish each other’s sentences and tell each other’s stories, you don’t.