Chicken & Thyme Pie
15ml cooking oil 400g chicken fillet, cut into strips 250g button mushrooms, sliced 200ml water ½ bunch spring onions, chopped 5ml Robertsons Thyme 1 x KNORR Chicken and Mushroom Pan Dry Cook-in-sauce 1 roll puff pastry, defrosted 1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan and cook chicken for about 5 minutes or until well browned.
3. Add the mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes.
4. Add the milk, water and spring onions then allow to simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
5. Stir in the thyme and Knorr Chicken & Mushroom Pan Dry Cook-in-sauce and allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes
6. Transfer to an ovenproof casserole dish and top with puff pastry, trimming off an excess from the sides.
7. Brush with a little beaten egg and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
8. Cut three small crosses into the top of the pastry to allow the pie to steam then bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and puffed.