N3TC ROUTE SAFETY TIPS
1. Obey the rules of the road and haveyour driver’s licence with you.
2. Plan the route well.
3. Make sure that your vehicle is in aroadworthy condition before departure.4. Do not overload your vehicle.
5. Avoid driving after dark if possible. 6. Have a good rest before you embarkon your journey.
7. Take safety breaks every two hours or200 km.
8. Do not drink and drive.
9. Try to recognise potentially dangerousdrivers and pedestrians.
10. Drive with your lights on.
11. Headlights should be dipped well beforean approaching vehicle is within the range of the main beam.
12. Wear your seatbelt and see that ev-eryone in the car is wearing theirs. 13. Drive defensively.
14. Stay within the speed limit.
15. Only overtake when it is safe.
16. Maintain at least a two-second followingdistance — this distance shouldbe increased at night, in foggy or rainyconditions.
17. Expect others to not be as obedientto the law as yourself.
18. Avoid distractions such as texting.19. Be courteous toward fellow road users— keep your temper and resist thetemptation to retaliate.
20. Know emergency numbers.