Shortlist for top NPA post released
DA MP Glynnis Breytenbach‚ current acting national director of public prosecutions Silas Ramaite and South Gauteng director of public prosecutions Andrew Chauke have made the shortlist of candidates to head up the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA).
The list also includes:
● Controversial KwaZulu-Natal director of public prosecutions Moipone Noko;
● Advocate Shamila Batohi;
● Advocate Rodney de Kock‚ director of public prosecutions in the Western Cape;
● Advocate Matric Luphondo‚ chief prosecutor in Pretoria;
● Advocate Andrea Johnson;
● Former magistrate-turnedadvocate Naomi Manaka;
● Pietermaritzburg advocate Simphiwe Mlotshwa;
● Advocate M Makhari; as well as
● Siyabulela Xhanti Mapoma. The interviews of the NDPP candidates will not be open to the public.