IT’S BEEN AROUND
If the curved walls of the Roundhouse could talk …The building started out as a guard house and battery in the 1780s. In 1814, it was refurbished as a hunting lodge (there was plenty of game in the surrounding forest back then) for Lord Charles Somerset.
Since then, the building has been a private residence, a hotel (look out for the scribbles on the windows where women would write with their diamond rings after being proposed to) and tea room. In 2008, Chef PJ Vadas stepped in as head chef at the then newly reopened
The Roundhouse Restaurant, and was later joined by Eric Bulpitt as co-head chef, seeing the two rake in several awards. Chef Dylan Laity was the last to head up the finedining establishment.