TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR YOUR BABY COVER BABY COMPETITON AND BABA & KLEUTER VOORBLADBABAKOMPETISIE
1. The competition entry will be open from 20 November 2017 – 23 March 2018. No late entries will be accepted.
2. By entering the competition, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
3. Participants must be either the parent or legal guardian of the child. Media24 reserves the right to request proof of such relation. If it is proven that there is no relation between the child and the person who sent the photo, that person will indemnify Media24 against any claim from any third party should the child be chosen as a finalist.
4. You are allowed to enter both competitions for our two sister titles, Your Baby and Baba & Kleuter.
5. Only email entries will be accepted. Entries per fax, registered post, regular post or over social media or any other method other than email to the specific inboxes mentioned below will be disqualified.
6. To enter the competition a parent/guardian has to email firstname.lastname@example.org or voorblad@babaenkleuter. co.za and include a picture of their child. The photo may not be larger than 4MB – only JPGS or GIF formats accepted. Also include your baby’s full name, date of birth and where you are from, as well as your full contact details.
7. Photos submitted must be recent and taken within the last month.
8. By entering, you agree that the images may be published in Your Baby and Baba & Kleuter and on our social media platforms, including Your Pregnancy.
9. Twins and triplets or other multiples or siblings must be entered separately.
10. The child may not be older than 48 months on the closing date of the competition: 23 March 2018.
11. The competition is open to all qualifying participants within the Republic of South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Lesotho, Swaziland and Zambia.
12. You are not eligible to participate in this competition if: you are a director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of Media24 or an immediate family member of these persons specified.
13. A panel of judges will select 24 finalists for Your Baby and 24 finalists for Baba & Kleuter over the competition period, so in total 48 finalists. The finalists’ pictures will be published in the May & June issue of Your Baby and the April & May issue of Baba & Kleuter. Finalists will be contacted prior to the magazines being on shelf.
14. One winner will be chosen for the July & August 2018 issue of Your Baby and another winner will be chosen for the June & July issue of Baba & Kleuter.
15. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. 16. The winner will be contacted shortly before the cover shoot to make arrangements for the shoot. If after three attempts at contact the organisers cannot reach the initial chosen entrant, another winner will be chosen. 17. The winner will be expected to attend the cover shoot at a time and place stipulated by the editor. If the winner is unable to come to the shoot, due to illness or being unavailable due to any other reason, the entry will be disqualified and another winner will be chosen. The prizes will go to the winner who appears on the cover. 18. The winner’s parent or guardian will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement to keep the shoot and all details about winning confidential until an agreed-upon date, which will be when the magazine goes on sale. Breach of this will result in the prizes being forfeited and legal action may be implemented. 19. All images resulting from the cover shoot remain the property of Media24, although the images will be made available to the winner’s parent or guardian for private use after the issue featuring the winner has appeared on shelf. 20. Competition prizes to the value of R30 000 per magazine/winner will be awarded as follows:
• R5 000 from Baby City
• R5 000 from Pansoral
• R5 000 from Fisher-price
• R5 000 from American Piercings
• R5 000 from Genop
• R5 000 from Reuterina Details of the prizes are on page 20 and 21 of this issue of Your Baby. 21. GROUNDS FOR DISQUALIFICATION Entrants will be immediately disqualified without notice to the parent or guardian if the following occurs: a. False information about the entrant is submitted. b. Photo of the entrant supplied is not a true reflection of the entrant. c. Photo of the entrant displays nudity or inappropriate behaviour not in keeping with the Media24 company values. 22. Media24 and their delivery agent does not accept responsibility or liability for any loss or damage and will also not be responsible or liable for any further expenses or fees required for purpose of using, applying or enjoying the prize won in this competition. 23. Media24 reserves the right to vary, suspend, postpone or terminate the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, for any reasons whatsoever and without notice. In such event, you hereby waive any rights or expectations which you may have against Media24 and acknowledge that you will not have any recourse or claim of any nature against Media24. 24. By participating in this competition, you consent to Media24 and the six sponsors using your personal information to send you information about products, services, and special offers that may be of interest or value to you.
25. Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash.