Beachcombers winners wow club members
THE Beachcombers Photography Club recently revealed it’s winners for the month of March.
The club noted that the themes, ‘Human Portraits’ and ‘Selective Focus’ presented interesting challenges to the club members.
In a statement the club said it had also received unusual images of exceptional standard in the Open section.
• Theme 1: Human Portraits - Andrew Taylor - Glare (Certificate of Merit)
• Theme 2: Selective Focus - Isak Hattingh - Bright Eye (Certificate of Merit)
• Open Winner: Nobby Clarke Southern Yellow-Billed Hornbill (Certificate of Merit)
• Junior Winner - Andrew Taylor Glare
• Additional Certificates of Merit: Hein Beukes - Natural Charm and Kobus Maree - The Drifter
‘We look forward to next month’s meeting, with the interesting themes of ‘Wildlife - birds only’ and ‘Bokeh’. ‘Visitors and photographers are invited to visit us as guests on the first Tuesday of every month and share in the evening’s events at our new venue, Splendid Inn Bayshore, Meerensee in Richards Bay.
‘Induction for new member begins at 6.15pm, and the club meeting at 7pm sharp,’ the club said in a statement.
You can find club events and contact details on their website www. beachcombersclub.co.za.
‘The Drifter’ was also recognised under the Selective Focus category
‘Natural Charm’ was also recognised under the Human Portraits category
The shot of this Southern Yellow-Billed Hornbill nabbed rst prize in the Open category
This shot entitled ‘Glare’ claimed rst prize in both the ‘Human Portraits’ and junior photographer categories
This amazing shot entitled ‘Bright eyed’ claimed rst prize in the Selective Focus category