Zululand Observer - Weekender
Toddler burnt to death
A TODDLER was burnt to death at Ogengele Reserve in Mtubatuba on Friday night after he was left alone in the house by his mother.
According to police, twoyear-old Sabatha Mthethwa was asleep when a fire started in the house.
uMkhanyakude Cluster Police spokesperson, Captain Jabulani Mdletshe, said the boy’s mother told them that she had gone to a neighbour’s house to watch television.
‘Apparently she left a candle burning when she left. She said when she realised her house was on fire, there was nothing she could do to save her son,’ said Mdletshe.
An inquest docket was opened at KwaMsane Police Station for investigation.