Daily Mirror (Sri Lanka)

Pandora’s Box


Since some disclosure­s were made it is the duty of the state and its organs to verify these claims.

1. Ask the named parties to confirm or deny the allegation­s

2. Ask them whether they have any more undisclose­d assets here and abroad

3. How did they get the funds to purchase the assets?

4. Have they disposed of any of the assets and to whom?

5. After satisfying the authoritie­s they can be kept out of prison by taxing 90 % of the ill-gotten gains and leaving the balance 10% in their hands so that the state does not have to spend money on their upkeep. It goes without saying that the other recipients should be housed on state account where they will have time to reflect on their nefarious connection­s!



Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Sri Lanka