Dish 360°: Marinated lamb shoulder in roti
ROTI ROLLERS HEAD CHEF SAMEER TELLS US HOW TO PREPARE MARINATED LAMB SHOULDER IN ROTI
Roti Rollers head chef Sameer tells us how to prepare the dish he calls Lambshank Redemption.
MARINATED LAMB SHOULDER IN ROTI
• 90g aata (whole wheat flour)
• 30 g coriander
• 130g lamb boneless - shoulder part
• 3g wasabi peas
• 1g black salt
• 3g red chilli pickle
• 8g red raddish
• 55ml water
• 4g salt
• 2g green chilli
• 5ml lime juice
• 30g green papaya
• 5g ginger and garlic paste
• 2g degi chilli powder
• 1g garam masala powder
• 1g mace powder
• 1g green cardamom powder
• 20ml mustard oil
• 40g tomato
• 2g coriander powder
• 1g turmeric powder
• Cut lamb into 40gm pieces each, marinate with papaya paste, ginger and garlic paste, salt, mustard oil, degi chilli, garam masala, mace powder and cardamom powder for six hours. • Skewer and cook in over at 350 (moderate heat) for 15 minutes or until done. Remove, slice thinly, and keep in bowl for usage.
• Make pliable dough with whole wheat flour, 1g salt, and water. Roll out dough to 14” diameter, cook quickly on hot griddle without any fat till it’s cooked without any brown spots appearing. Keep it covered with a cloth for next step.
• Prepare coriander chutney with coriander, green chilli, salt, black salt and lime juice.
• Heat oil in a pan, sauté onion till golden brown, add ginger and garlic paste, tomato, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and salt. Cook until oil starts separating, blend until smooth and set aside.
• Spread roti, sprinkle coriander chutney and tikka masala sauce generously, arrange lamb kebab, top with onion, red chilli pickle, dill, wasabi peas, and red radish.
• Close roll, arranging ingredients as tightly as possible.
• Finish on Panini grill until it has crisp sides with deep golden marks. (25-30 seconds).
Grocer y: Al Adil Dubai Veg: Mehtab Traders Meat: Al Mahab Catering