CATERER AROUND THE GCC
THE LATEST F&B HAPPENINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT
1. BAHRAIN: Homegrown restaurant brand Lumee Street Café has opened its third outlet in the country. The new branch is its biggest yet and is located at The Avenues Bahrain. It is designed in the traditional Lumee style with an open kitchen and deli counter. The restaurant holds approximately 180 seats and includes an outdoor seating area along The Avenues promenade. It will serve the same menu as the other Lumee restaurants with the likes of balateet, shakshooka, nakhaj, chicken tah chin, tikka Lumee, and veal chelo kabab.
2. KUWAIT: InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) has signed the management agreement with Kuwait-based ACICO Gulf Real Estate to rebrand Nassima Royal Hotel to upscale hotel brand Voco which will mark its debut in the Middle East. Located on Sheikh Zayed Road, the hotel is currently home to restaurants including Tresind, Movida Dubai, Celsius, and Sultan Basha. The rebranding is expected to be complete by Q1 2019, and is among nine other Voco properties currently being converted.
3. OMAN: Six Senses Zighy Bay in Oman has launched new menus across all its restaurants, with a focus on organic and sustainable food at their heart. The creative and colourful dishes are made using vegetables and herbs from the hotel’s organic garden and Dibba Organic Farm’s products of eggs, honey, cheese, and a variety of greens. At finedining restaurant Sense on the Edge, the new menu draws on French techniques and culinary finesse while adding a touch of Japanese touch of freshness and regional flavours.
4. KSA: A&T Group Interiors has announced that it is launching new offices in Jeddah and Riyadh and at the same time said it will be handling the full fit-out for western eatery Catch 22. It’s a further expansion of the company’s dealings in Saudi Arabia. The social contemporary restaurant will serve an array of western-inspired dishes and will be designed by Bishop Design. It is scheduled to be complete in the middle of March 2019. There is no further information at this time as to the location of the new restaurant.
5. UAE: Newly opened Occidental IMPZ hotel in Dubai, from Spanish hospitality group Barcelo, has launched two homegrown restaurant concepts, Champs Sports Bar and Stage Sky Bar & Lounge. Champs Sports Bar brings together the vibes of an old school sports bar with some modern touches to create an ideal place to watch the latest sporting event with friends or family. Its menu pays homage to Barcelo’s Spanish roots with a tapas-style offering that goes across a broad range of international cuisines.