PIKE FINE MOUSSE WITH VIENNA BREAD AND CELERY EXTRACT
INGREDIENTS For the pike fine mousse
• 1kg pike (fillet)
• 240g egg yolk
• 10g salt
• 500g soft butter
• 500ml liquid cream
• White bread (whole loaf with crust) / Vienna bread
For the sauce
• 200g celery extract
• Lemon juice
• PM xanthan, Salt
For the mashed celeriac
• 1 celery
• Yellow leaf of branch celeriac
• Olive oil
Pike fine mousse
1. Mix the pike fillets with egg yolks and salt in a mixer.
2. Sieve the stuffing with the soft butter, add the liquid cream and season.
3. In a terrine, coat the sides with white bread and pour the stuffing inside. Cook in a steam oven at 85°C for 45 minutes.
4. Leave to cool down and gently remove from the mould.
1. Mix the celeriac extract with the xanthan and heat the mixture.
2. Add butter and whisk, season and add a dash of lemon juice.
1. Cook the peeled celeriac in fragments in salted water. Drain, mix and strain.
1. Cut the pike mousse in 1cmthick slices.
2. In a pan, colour the slices with olive oil on the side of the bread.
3. On a plate, display some mashed celeriac on the left side and decorate with a branch of celeriac.
4. Place the pike mousse in the middle and pour the sauce on the right side.