Airdrie & Coatbridge Advertiser
General Knowledge Quiz
1. Which US boxer did Prince Naseem Hamed defeat in 1997 to add the IBF featherweight title to his WBO title?
A Tom Jones
B Tom Johnson
C Tomas Johansson
D Tom Priar
2. In which popular US sport do the Los Angeles Kings play?
A American football B Baseball C Basketball
D Ice hockey
3. With which branch of the arts is Jean-auguste-dominique Ingres associated?
4. By what name is the constellation Crux also known?
A Little Bear B Southern Cross C Leo
D Northern Cross
5. The gourde is the national currency of which country?
A Morocco B Haiti C Egypt D France
6. Which US science fiction horror drama TV series starring Winona Ryder is set in the 1980s in the fictional town of Hawkins, Indiana?
A Twin Peaks
B Stranger Things
D Eerie, Indiana 7. What number is represented by the Roman numeral L? 8. Which Latin poet wrote the Ars amatoria and the Metamorphoses?
9. With which football team did Sir Stanley Matthews begin and end
his playing career?
A Manchester City
B Manchester United
C Stoke City
D West Ham United 10. What was the title of the album released by U2 in 1997?
11. Of which 80s pop group was Morrissey lead singer?
A The Levellers
B The Pretenders
C The Smiths
D The Stone Roses
12. Which one of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles wore a blue mask and was the leader?
13. Which Dorset town was known as Casterbridge in Thomas Hardy’s novels?
D Blandford Forum
14. Who was the female member of Three of a Kind?
A Tracey Paxman B Tracey Slater C Tracey Fuller D Tracey Ullman
15. By what name is the common bird Passer domesticus better known?
A House sparrow