Watt dou­ble helps In­ver­aray beat Mid Ar­gyll

Argyllshire Advertiser - - SPORT -

Ma­rine Har­vest Na­tional Di­vi­sion

In­ver­aray 3, Glas­gow MA 1 Fraser Watt scored twice as In­ver­aray beat Glas­gow Mid Ar­gyll 3-1 at The Win­ter­ton.

In­ver­aray’s Garry MacPher­son was free of sus­pen­sion while keeper Scott McLach­lan also re­turned.

Fraser Watt got the opener with the only goal of the first half on 35 min­utes and he got his and In­ver­aray’s sec­ond a cou­ple of min­utes into the sec­ond half.

Lewis MacNi­col added a third on 54 min­utes to make the points safe. Garry MacPher­son will miss In­ver­aray’s Tul­loch Homes Ca­manachd Cup sec­ond round tie at Kil­mallie this Saturday af­ter he was sent off by ref­eree Ross Brown on 80 min­utes for an off-the-ball in­ci­dent in­volv­ing Ewen Mur­ray.

GMA’s Jamie MacFadyen pulled a goal back a minute later but In­ver­aray stayed in front to take the points.

Ma­rine Har­vest South Di­vi­sion 1

Col Glen 4, In­ver­aray 3 A Scott MacVicar goal a cou­ple of min­utes from time gave Col Glen a 4-3 win over the In­ver­aray Colts at Glen­daruel.

In­ver­aray drew first blood with Camp­bell Watt pounc­ing fol­low­ing a save from keeper MacVicar.

Col Glen equalised with a well-hit Fi­nan Kennedy strike on 25 min­utes. Some thought Kennedy’s ef­fort had gone wide but the ball went through a hole in the net.

Camp­bell Watt re­stored In­ver­aray’s lead on 31 min­utes with a rocket of a shot high into the net.

How­ever, Neily Mc­naughton net­ted on 40 min­utes when he pun­ished the In­ver­aray de­fence for not clearing their lines and this made it 2-2 at half-time. The sec­ond half was an end to end af­fair and In­ver­aray took the lead for the third time when David Robert­son went on a mazy run be­fore strik­ing a low 30-yarder past the keeper, who couldn’t judge the bounce of the ball.

The bat­tling Col Glen side im­me­di­ately pulled them­selves back into the game with a well-an­gled Scott MacVicar drive from out wide which made it 3-3 with 70 min­utes played.

And Scott MacVicar also had the fi­nal say, grab­bing the win­ner on 88 min­utes with an­other well-struck shot.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.