A Christmas Cafe will be held on Saturday December 8 from 10am until 1pm in Troon Old Church Hall. Entrance cost £ 2 for adults and £ 1 for children which includes, tea, coffee and a mince pie.
There will be a variety of stalls with Christmas in mind.
● The Christmas Shoe Box Appeal organised by Portland Church members Margaret Short and
Jennifer Lewis sent off 74 shoe boxes filled with gifts, toys and clothes to Samaritan’s Purse. The
sum of £ 281 was donated to help with transport costs.
Children in many countries will receive a Christmas gift and know that people in other countries are thinking about them and caring for them.
● Marr Educational Centre runs a very successful Code Club – computer games, apps and
animation. Ask about the Code Club for Beginners. Contact the centre on 313809.
A Scrabble Club has just started at the Visitors’ Centre, the Castle, Dundonald. It is held on
Wednesday at 1.30pm. It is free with players paying for tea and coffee during the afternoon.
Contact Ian on 07531 529 531 for more information.
● Troon Chorus are joining Ayr Choral singing Christmas Carols in Morrison’s Supermarket on Thursday December 20 from 11am until noon.
● Bradan Road Sheltered Housing Unit are showing Christmas Movies in December. Come along
every evening at 7pm or on Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays at 1pm. Children very welcome. Tea/ Coffee and juice, biscuits and ice cream at 50p.
● Every second Monday from 10am until 11.30am, a Carers’ Support Group is offering advice,
counselling, help with filling in forms for benefits and much more. All carers of young and old are
● Applications are now open for local community groups and organisations to apply for a grant of
up to £ 750. The groups must be involved in activities which help and support individuals with long- term health conditions. For more information contact Seoniad. [email protected] south- ayrshire. gov. uk.
Closing date Monday December 10, 2018.
● The next date for Hearing Aid Support will be Monday December 17 from 10am until 12.30pm. in
Troon Library. This service which provides, batteries, mould tubing and advice on cleaning
hearing aids, is free.
● ESOL Chat Cafe is held in Seagate Church every Friday from 11.30am until 1pm.
This is a wonderful opportunity to improve English speaking skills in a relaxed atmosphere.
Sharing a cup of coffee with friends breaks down barriers and helps strangers to mix and feel part of the local community.
* Send items to sandy[email protected] tiscali. co. uk or call 311440