TAHINI CHERRY BALLS
INGREDIENTS (Makes 12) 150g dried, pitted dates, roughly chopped 2 tbsp orange juice 60g chia seeds 50g tahini 60g cherries, pitted 1-2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds for coating (optional)
1. Place the dates and orange juice in a pan, cover and simmer gently for three to four minutes until softened. Remove from the heat and stir to a paste.
2. Stir in the chia seeds and tahini then set aside to cool.
3. Take a cherry and a spoonful of date mixture, to wrap around the fruit, rolling it into a ball. Roll in sesame seeds if you fancy.
4. Repeat to make 12. Chill for an hour or store covered, in the fridge for two to three days.
5. You can buy ready toasted sesame seeds but they are easy to toast – simply dry fry in a pan for two to three minutes moving them round so that they brown evenly. Tip into a pot to stop them continuing to brown once removed from the heat.