General Knowledge Quiz
1. Which Scottish poet wrote Poems Chiefly in the Scottish Dialect?
A John Donne
B John Napier
C Robert Burns
D James Boswell
2. From which English game is the American sport of baseball derived?
3. With which of the arts would you associate Sir Alfred Munnings?
4. The theme from Ghostbusters II was a UK top 5 hit for which singer?
A Ray Parker Jr.
B Whitney Houston
C Bobby Brown
D MC Hammer
5. What is Buffy a recognised killer of?
6. What is the title of a 2018 single from US singer Ariana Grande?
A No More Fish in the Sea
B No More Hills Left to Climb
C No Tears Left to Cry
D No Smiles Now You’ve Gone
7. What is the common name for deuterium oxide?
C Heavy water
8. Which plant’s leaves are the traditional antidote to nettle stings?
9. Of which boat was Mark Litchfield skipper when it sank in 1995?
A The Mary Rose
B The Queen Elizabeth II
C The Maria Asumpta
D The Maria Celeste 10. Who succeeded Oliver Cromwell as Lord Protector of the Commonwealth?
A George Cromwell
B James Cromwell
C John Cromwell
D Richard Cromwell
11. In which country can the Gibson Desert be found?
D South Africa
12. What was the title of the last sitcom made by Richard Beckinsale in 1979 the same year that he died?
A The Liver Birds
B One Foot in the Grave C Bloomers
D Open All Hours
13. For which British contralto singer did Elgar write his Sea Pictures?
A Dame Edna Booth
B Dame Mary Stephenson C Dame Germane Greene D Dame Clara Butt
14. Who was the first president of the US to die in office?
A William H Harrison
B Abraham Lincoln
C James Madison
D Warren G. Harding
15. Which fantasy drama show, starring English actor Ricky Whittle as Shadow Moon, is now in its second season?
A American Gods
D The Last Kingdom
Actor Ricky Whittle See Question 15