General Knowledge Quiz
1. Which word describes the passage of all or part of an astronomical body into the shadow of another?
2. What sort of creature is a puffer?
A A fish
B A mammal
C A reptile
D An insect
3. Which Greek shipowner married Jackie Kennedy in 1968? A Dominicus Theossis
B Aristotle Onassis
C Aristosis Oranthosis
D Theosis Aris
4. Which dynasty has ruled the Netherlands since 1815?
A The House of Orange
B The House of Amsterdam
C The House of the Tulip D The House of Van Dyck
5. Who has presented Give Us a Clue and Child’s Play?
A Michael Barrymore
B Philip Schofield
C Michael Aspel
D Bruce Forsyth
6. What is the title of the latest album from US singer Charlie Puth?
7. Which Greek letter denotes the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter?
8. Which Nobel Prize-winning novelist is best known for And Quiet Flows the Don?
A Mikhail Gorbachev
B Mikhail Kasparov
C Mikhail Salansky
D Mikhail Sholokhov
9. Speleology is the study and exploration of which natural phenomena?
D Caves 10. Who wrote the ballet Giselle? A Adolphe Adam
B Adam Adelphi
C Adrian Adams
D Adolf Adelphi
11. In which constellation is Regulus the brightest star? A Little Bear
B Southern Cross
12. What is the usual colour of the flowers of a laburnum?
13. How is the salad plant Lactuca sativa commonly known?
14. Who directed the violent New York gang film The Warriors in 1979?
A Martin Scorsese
B Francis Ford Coppola
C Charles Aidman
D Walter Hill
15. Which Channel 4 thriller series, set in 1945 London, stars Emma Appleton as a reluctant spy named Feef, and Keeley Hawes as her boss?
A Helen Dorn
B Bad Banks
Actor Keeley Hawes See Question 15