General Knowledge Quiz
1. What sort of creature is a fulmar?
A A bird B A rodent C A fish D A dog
2. Richard Dreyfuss received a Best Actor Oscar nomination for his role in which 1995 film, directed by Stephen Herek?
A Silent Fall
B Mr Holland’s Opus C What About Bob? D Holy Man
3. What was the name of the last ruling dynasty of Russia?
A Markovs B Romanovs C Molotovs D Stalins
4. Which famous Scottish king was son of Findlaech?
A Malcolm (Canmore) B Macbeth
C Duncan I
D Donald Ban
5. With which instrument is Heinz Holliger associated?
A Piano B Oboe C French horn D Trumpet
6. Which Irish-born composer created the piano nocturne?
A James Field B John Dyke C John Field D James Dyke
7. Which girl band made the album Before The Rain?
B The Spice Girls C The All Saints D TLC
8. Who wrote the plays An Ideal Husband and Lady Windermere’s Fan?
A Oscar Wilde
B DH Lawrence
C Tom Stoppard D George Bernard Shaw
9. Who succeeded Cecil Parkinson in 1983 as Conservative party chairman?
A Norman Lamont B John Selwyn Gummer C Douglas Hurd
D Gillian Shephard
10. What is a sudden change called in drama?
A Periphrasis B Peripeteia C Phoneme D Pleonasm
11. Which comedian plays a Dublin matriarch called Agnes in sitcom Mrs Brown’s Boys?
A Dylan Moran B Brendan O’Carroll C Dara Ó Briain D Ardal O’Hanlon
12. With which instrument is Sir Yehudi Menuhin associated?
A Violin B Piano C Cello D Trumpet
13. Which legendary Spanish libertine inspired works by Moliere, Mozart, Byron and George Bernard Shaw?
A Don Juan B Zorro
C Don Quixote D El Desporado
14. Which paramedical speciality deals with the care of the feet?
A Physiopherapy B Cardiology C Chiropody D Piedopody
15. What is the title of the BBC crime drama that follows the investigations of police unit AC-12 and stars This is England actress Vicky McClure?
A Whitechapel B Happy Valley C Line of Duty D Luther
Actor Vicky McClure See Question 15