General Knowledge Quiz
1. Which relief agency was founded by the Geneva Convention of 1864?
A International Red Cross B United Nations
C Green Peace
D Medicins Sans Frontieres
2. What is the cartilage flap called that prevents food from entering the windpipe during swallowing? A Tonsils
3. Who had a top ten hit single in 1969 with Hello Suzie?
A Amen Girls
B Amen Boys
C Amen Choir
D Amen Corner
4. Which fish can be alevins, parr, smolts and grilse at various stages in their life cycle?
5. Which drink is named after the German for ‘to store’?
6. What part of the body is affected by lumbago?
A The back
B The throat
C The eyes
D The legs Actor Holly Hunter See Question 15
7. Which market town in Suffolk is the centre of British horse racing? A Epsom
8. What is the title of the Sky Atlantic comedy drama starring Chris O’Dowd as thug and wannabe film producer Miles Daly?
A Pulp Fiction
B Get Shorty
C Rum Punch
D Barton Fink
9. Which British adventure novelist wrote King Solomon’s Mines and She?
A Robert Eagle Watt
B Robert Louis Stevenson C Jules Verne
D Sir H. Rider Haggard 10. What name is given to an area of a city populated by a minority group?
11. Who wrote The Tenant of Wildfell Hall and Agnes Grey? A Charlotte Brontë
B Emily Brontë
C Jane Austen
D Anne Brontë
12. Which French postimpressionist painted The Card Players?
13. By how many does the prefix giga- multiply a number?
A One thousand
B One billion
C One million
D 20 thousand million
14. What is the national currency of El Salvador?
D US dollar
15. Which 1987 comedy romance about two rival reporters and their female producer starred William Hurt, Albert Brooks and Holly Hunter?
A Broadcast News
B Switching Channels
D News Radio