SEARED TUNA STEAKS WITH PEPERONATA
INGREDIENTS, Serves 2
2 tablespoons Napolina Light in Colour Olive Oil; 2 large red peppers, sliced into strips; 1 large red onion, finely chopped; 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped; 400g can Napolina Plum Tomatoes; 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar; 2x 150g tuna steaks; Napolina Extra Virgin Olive Oil, to drizzle; slice of lemon to serve; salt and black pepper
1. For the peperonata, chop the onion, 2 cloves garlic, and slice 2 peppers.
2. Heat the light in colour olive oil in a frying pan, add the onion and garlic and lightly fry for 10 minutes until softened. On a medium-low heat, add the peppers and cook for a further 10 minutes.
3. Add a 400g can of plum tomatoes, mashing them with a fork, 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper.
4. Simmer for 35 minutes until thick.
5. Set aside and heat a separate griddle pan to a very high temperature.
6. Season the tuna steaks on each side with a salt and pepper and a drizzle extra virgin olive oil. Massage this into the steaks.
7. Add to the griddle pan and fry for 1 ½ minutes on each side before removing.
8. Serve the tuna immediately with a slice of lemon and the peperonata.