Olympic diver Tom Daley has teamed up with Lion Eggs to serve up some egg-citing summer recipes
OLYMPIAN Tom Daley has taken the plunge into the cookery writing world recently and already has two recipe books to his name. Now he has teamed up with British Lion eggs to create some healthy, fuss-free recipes.
He says: “Eggs are a hero food – they are naturally nutritious and, as well as being delicious, they are quick and easy to cook.
“My recipes are perfect for anyone who, like me, is juggling busy work and home lives and still wants to prepare tasty, healthy recipes that all the family will love.” ■ Tom Daley is an ambassador for British Lion eggs and its #WonderEgg campaign. Visit eggrecipes.co.uk for details.
INGREDIENTS (Serves 1)
1 large British Lion egg; 60g un-dyed smoked, skinned haddock fillet cut into small pieces; 60g cooked mashed potato; ½tsp fresh dill, finely chopped; 1 tbsp plain flour, seasoned with salt and pepper; 1 large British Lion egg, beaten; 2 tbsp fresh breadcrumbs; salt and pepper; 1 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C fan/ 200°C.
2. Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil and boil the egg for 6 minutes. Cool under cold running water and peel off the shell.
3. In a bowl mash together the smoked haddock and mashed potato. Add the dill, season with salt and pepper and mix together. Roll the mixture into a ball.
4. On a lightly floured surface flatten the ball and place the peeled egg in the middle. Carefully mould the fish mixture around the egg making sure it is well sealed.
5. Place the flour, beaten egg and breadcrumbs into separate bowls. Roll the Scotch egg first in the flour, then in the beaten egg and finally in the breadcrumbs. Repeat this process a second time then chill the Scotch egg for 30 minutes.
6. Drizzle over the vegetable oil and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until they are golden brown.
Olympian Tom Daley wants us to enjoy more eggs SMOKED HADDOCK SCOTCH EGGS