General Knowledge Quiz
1. Which comedy double act worked as welders in a Lancashire factory before forming a singing duo called The Harper Brothers?
A Cannon and Ball B Smith and Jones C Reeves and Mortimer D The Two Ronnies
2. Who wrote Black Beauty in 1877?
A Anna Sewell
B A.A. Milne
C Enid Blyton
D Robert Louis Stevenson
3. How is a harmonica commonly known?
A Lip organ B Tongue organ C Tooth organ D Mouth organ
4. What is the study of the behaviour and flow of air around objects?
A Astrophysics B Geometry C Aerodynamics D Technometry
5. In which Middle Eastern country is the port of Acre?
A Iran B Iraq C Israel D Yemen
6. What is the title of the 2018 single from US singer Ariana Grande?
A God is a Man B God is a Girl C God is a Woman D God is a Boy
7. Which legendary Trojan leader is the central character in Virgil’s Aeneid?
A Aeneas B Theseus C Achilles D Ajax
8. Of which great orchestra was James Galway a member from 1969 to 1975?
A Berlin Philharmonic B New York Philharmonic C London Philharmonic D Paris Philharmonic
9. Gerard Depardieu’s marriage of convenience in romantic comedy Green Card was with which American actress?
A Cybill Shepherd B Andie MacDowell C Tyne Daly D Winona Ryder
10. In which Irish county is the castle that contains the famous Blarney Stone?
A Kilkenny B Wexford C Donegal D Cork
11. In which war was the Battle of Marston Moor fought?
A The American Civil War B The War of the Roses C The English Civil War D The Anglo-Roman Wars
12. What is the lowest-pitched instrument of the violin family?
A Cello B Viola C Double bass D Guitar
13. Which planet is approximately 150 million kilometres from the sun?
A Jupiter B Saturn C Earth D Pluto
14. Which British yachtsman was the first to sail alone around the world nonstop?
A Robin Hops-James B Richard Randall-Smith C Robin Knox-Johnston D Thomas Love-Williams
15. Which Swedish singer features on the title track from Mark Ronson’s new album Late Night Feelings?
A Tove Lo B Zara Larsson C Robyn D Lykke Li
Musician Mark Ronson See Question 15