TANDOORI WELSH LAMB CHOPS
8 Welsh lamb chops (loin, chump or cutlets)
For the marinade
150g natural yoghurt 4 garlic cloves, crushed 2.5cm fresh ginger, grated
1tbsp ground cumin 2tsp garam masala 1tsp mild chilli powder 1 lemon, rind and juice (keep rind for salad)
For the tomato salad
2 large tomatoes, finely diced
½ cucumber, finely diced
1 red onion, finely diced Handful chopped mint Lemon rind
For the yoghurt dip
A small carton of natural yoghurt A handful of chopped mint
1 lime, zested and juice of ½ lime
1tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients for the marinade, stirring well. Add the chops and coat thoroughly. Cover and leave in fridge for at least 2-4 hours.
2. Remove the chops from the fridge 30 minutes prior to cooking.
3. Make the salad by mixing all the ingredients together and put in serving bowl.
4. To make the dip, just stir all the ingredients together and place in small dish.
5. The Welsh lamb chops can be cooked in the oven, pan fried or grilled – ideally on a griddle pan or on the barbecue. To cook, scrape a little of the marinade off the chops, lightly oil your pan or grill tray and cook for approximately 5 – 6 minutes each side depending on their thickness and how you like your Welsh lamb cooked.
6. Rest for five minutes and serve with the salad, dip and warmed flatbreads.