INGREDIENTS (Serves 6)
1 small raspberry jam Swiss roll 200g fresh raspberries
3 tablespoons amaretto or almond liqueur
65g raspberry jelly cubes
250g mascarpone cheese
250ml sour cream
2 tablespoons icing sugar, or to taste 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste Sugar sprinkles, to decorate
6 small Kilner jars or jam jars with lids A piping bag fitted with a large, round nozzle
1. Cut the Swiss roll into thin slices, then cut each slice in half. Arrange the slices around the sides of each jar and a slice in the base. Sprinkle over the raspberries and drizzle with the amaretto.
2. Make up the raspberry jelly according to the package instructions and pour it into the jars, dividing it equally between them. Leave to set in the refrigerator.
3. Once the jelly has set, prepare the cheesecake topping. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mascarpone and sour cream until smooth.
4. Sift the icing sugar over the mixture, add the vanilla paste, and fold through, testing for sweetness and adding a little more icing sugar if you prefer.
5. Spoon the cheese mixture into the piping bag and pipe blobs on top of each trifle, making sure that the jelly is covered completely.
6. Decorate with sugar sprinkles to serve.