General Knowledge Quiz
1. Who returned to the BBC in 1998 with a new series of talk shows after a 15-year absence?
A Clive Anderson B Des O’Connor C Michael Parkinson D Jeremy Clarkson
2. Which is the brightest of the planets?
A Mercury B Jupiter C Venus D Mars
3. Who wrote the opera Sir John in Love in 1929?
A Sir Edward Elgar
B Sir Harrison Birtwistle C Arnold Schoenberg D Ralph Vaughan Williams
4. The rupee is the national currency of which country?
A Chile B Turkey C Norway D India
5. Before Andy Murray, who was the last British tennis player to win the men’s singles title at Wimbledon?
A Tim Henman B John Lloyd C Jeremy Bates D Fred Perry
6. Which singer duetted with James Arthur on a cover of the song Rewrite the Stars from the film The Greatest Showman?
A Anne-Marie B Adele C Missy Elliott D Kesha
7. Who presented The Real Holiday Show on TV?
A Anthea Turner B Carol Vorderman C Samantha Fox D Gaby Roslin
8. What was the artistic profession of Wilhelm Furtwangler who died in 1954?
A Concert pianist B Conductor C Painter D Opera singer
9. What is the national currency of Nigeria?
A Quetzal B Franc C Naira D Dollar
10. What sort of creature is a rorqual?
A A penguin B A whale C A bear
D A scorpian
11. Which Greek philosopher and mathematician is associated with a famous theorem concerning right-angled triangles?
A Pisistratus B Euripides C Pheidias D Pythagoras
12. Who was the 15th president of the United States of America who was succeeded by Abraham Lincoln?
A James Buchanan B Andrew Johnson C Ulysses S. Grant D James K. Polk
13. Which Australian city is capital of the Northern Territory?
A Perth B Sydney C Darwin D Melbourne
14. What is the stretch of mainly hexagonal basalt columns on the north coast of Antrim called?
A The Giant’s Chessboard B Giant’s Stepping Stones C The Giant’s Stride D Giant’s Causeway
15. Who is the director of the new war film Midway, whose stars include Nick Jonas and Dennis Quaid?
A David Ayer B Roland Emmerich C Clint Eastwood D Christopher Nolan
Actor Dennis Quaid See Question 15