General Knowledge Quiz
1. What is a Howgate Wonder? A A butterfly
B An apple
C A bird
D A frog
2. Stephen King’s debut novel Carrie was made into a horror film by which director?
A Brian De Palma
B Martin Scorsese
C Francis Ford Coppola
D George Lucas
3. In which book by Dickens does Nathaniel Winkle appear?
A Bleak House
B Great Expectations
C A Tale of Two Cities
D The Pickwick Papers
4. Who wrote the play A Doll’s House in 1879? A Thomas Hardy B George Bernard Shaw C Henrik Ibsen
D George Meredith
5. Which element has the chemical symbol Mo?
A Magnesium B Molybdenum C Moscovium
6. Molly Windsor and Laura Fraser starred in which forensic science drama on the Alibi channel, cocreated by Val McDermid and Amelia Bullmore?
7. In which popular US sport do the Boston Celtics and Chicago Bulls play?
A American Football
D Ice Hockey
8. Lindsay Lohan and Matt Dillon struggled to keep up with which car in a 2005 Disney film?
C Chitty Chitty Bang Bang D Filmore
9. Which Italian astronomer is said to have muttered “Eppur si muove” after recanting his belief in the Copernican system?
D Hubble 10. What was the seventh month of the Old Roman calendar?
11. Which comedian’s real name is Joseph Levitch?
A Mel Brooks
B Kelsey Grammer
C Steven Wright
D Jerry Lewis
12. Which Greek poet is famous for the poems she wrote for a group of female admirers on the island of Lesbos?
13. What sort of creature is a mouflon?
A A sheep
B A bird
C A lizard
D A butterfly
14. By what name is the Australian echidna also known?
C Spiny anteater
15. What is the title of the recent debut album from television presenter Amanda Holden?
A Window to My Soul
B Songs from My Heart
C Tracks of My Tears
D Music with My Love