General Knowledge Quiz
1. What sort of creature is a nyala? A A lion
B An antelope
C A tiger
D An ox
2. Which former silver-mining town in Arizona is famous for the gunfight at the OK Corral in 1881? A Tombstone
3. During which Crimean War Battle did the Charge of the Light Brigade take place?
4. In which study was Jeremy Bentham widely regarded as an expert in 1748-1832?
5. Who wrote the opera Prince Igor?
A Richard Wagner
B Wolfgang Mozart
C Alexander Borodin
D Ludwig van Beethoven
6. Which star of The Fast Show appeared with Johnny Vegas and Sian Gibson in Gold’s whodunit comedy caper Murder, They Hope?
A Paul Whitehouse
B Charlie Higson
C John Thomson
D Arabella Weir
7. What is the name of the giant American actor who played ‘Jaws’ in two Bond movies?
A Richard Prior
B Richard Burton
C Richard Kiel
D Richard Wallace
8. What was the name of Leslie Neilson’s clumsy cop charcater in the Naked Gun films?
A Frank Drebin
B Ed Hocken
C John Mcclane
D Axel Foley
9. Which English Restoration dramatist wrote The Man of Mode?
A Sir James Ether
B Sir Randall Mode
C Sir William Ether
D Sir George Etherege 10. Which poet is buried in a country churchyard in Stoke Poges?
A Thomas Gray
B Sir John Betjemen
C Sylvia Plath
D Lord Tennyson
11. Who wrote the novel Fair Stood the Wind for France? A HE Bates
B Jane Austen
C William Thackeray
D WH Auden
12. Which organ produces insulin? A Pancreas
13. Which composer wrote the operettas Orpheus in the Underworld and La Vie Parisienne?
14. What is the best selling single of all time?
A Bing Crosby’s I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas
B Meat Loaf’s Bat out of Hell C Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody D Elton John’s Candle in the Wind ‘97
15. Which saucy play followed Horner in his quest for women? A A Midsummer Night’s Dream B The Revenger’s Tragedy C Measure for Measure
D The Country Wife