Whack-it-all-in chocolate cornflake rocky road (Serves 9)
INGREDIENTS: 250g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids for a more grown-up flavour), chopped, or dark chocolate chips; 125g unsalted butter, cubed; 4tbsp golden syrup; 100g cornflakes; 100g oaty biscuits; 75g dried cherries; 50g sultanas; 100g marshmallows, either mini or larger ones roughly chopped; 50g pecans; 100g chocolate caramel bars; 50g white chocolate, chopped, or white chocolate chips
1. Heat a pan of water until simmering, then place a heatproof bowl over the pan, so the water doesn’t touch the bottom. Put the dark chocolate, butter and golden syrup in the bowl and melt slowly, stirring with a wooden spoon. Once melted, remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
2. Stir through the cornflakes. Break up the oaty biscuits, and add with remaining ingredients, except chocolate caramel bars and white chocolate. Gently fold through so everything is evenly coated in melted chocolate.
3. Line a 20 x 20cm baking dish with greaseproof paper and scrape in the mixture. Spread it leaving it jagged and lumpy.
4. Break the chocolate caramel bars and dot over the top.
5. Melt the white chocolate as before or in 20-second bursts in a microwave. Drizzle over the top before leaving to set in a fridge for 20-30 minutes.
6. Any leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the fridge or a cool place for up to a week.