The following events all occurred in living memory. Can you guess the year?
A 1. Aston Villa beat Manchester United in the FA Cup final
2. Jack Kerouac’s On The Road was published
3. Author Nick Hornby was born
4. South Africa dropped God Save The Queen as its national anthem
B 1. The Vietnam War ended with the fall of Saigon.
2. Britain voted in a referendum to stay in the Common Market
3. Police began the hunt for Carlos the Jackal
4. Margaret Thatcher became leader of the Conservative Party
C 1. Meryl Streep was born
2. Starlings on the minute hand made Big Ben lose four and a half minutes
3. Seven-inch records first became available
4. George Orwell’s 1984 was published