Top tips for strong and bold lips
1. Using a toothbrush, exfoliate the lips — this will make a smoother application for your lipstick to attach to.
2. Apply a lip balm while you complete your make-up. This will moisturise the lips and leave them in the perfect condition for application, then blot off before you apply your lip liner to avoid any product bleeding.
3. For those who find that red lipstick bleeds around the lips, massage in a little Super Matte Antishine (£13.25). This is a mattifying primer product that’s normally intended for use on the face, but it’s perfect to ensure your lip colour does not bleed or feather.
4. Use a lip liner to create your perfect lip outline. Blend the edges towards the centre of the lip slightly, and pinch the corners and edges for an easier blend.
5. For longevity, a matte lipstick will always be best, but if you suffer from dry lips, use a cream lipstick, blot off and reapply for extra longevity.