General Knowledge Quiz
1. Who wrote Diana: Her True Story?
A Philip MacDonald B Simon James C Michael Ross-Jones D Andrew Morton
2. What is the largest island in Canada by area?
A Ellesmere Island B Prince Edward Island C Baffin Island D Victoria Island
3. Which band (later evolving into New Order) produced just two albums?
A Joy Division B Level 42 C Crowded House D The Smiths
4. Who had a top ten hit single in 1970 with Ride A White Swan?
B Earth, Wind & Fire
C T. Rex
D The Who
5. Which Greek tragic dramatist wrote Seven Against Thebes and Prometheus Bound?
A Aeschylus B Plato C Socrates D Homer
6. Whoopi Goldberg, Oprah Winfrey and Margaret Avery were all Oscar-nominated for their roles in which 1985 film? A The Color Purple
C Out of Africa
7. Which actress played Ma Larkin in the 1990s series The Darling Buds of May?
A Rachel Ferris
B Pam Ferris
C Jane Ferris
D Irene Ferris
8. Which soul star provided the voice for the man-eating plant in Little Shop of Horrors?
A Stevie Wonder
B Rufus Thomas
C Isaac Hayes
D Levi Stubbs
9. With which French philosopher and novelist was Simone de Beauvoir romantically linked?
A Jean-Paul Gaultier
B Jean-Paul Sartre
C Piers Sartre
D Frank Lemarr 10. What was revolutionary Che Guevara’s first name? A Ernesto
11. Who was the first tsar of Russia?
A Ivan the Terrible B Nicholas I C Alexander the Great D Michael I
12. What was the world’s tallest building before the completion of the World Trade Center?
A Empire State Building
B Sony Building
C Post Office Tower
D Sears Tower
13. Who starred as the magical nanny in Disney’s 1964 family film Mary Poppins?
A Angela Lansbury
B Annette Funicello
C Suzanne Pleshette
D Julie Andrews
14. What sort of creature is an eland?
A A fish
B A mollusc C A bear
D An antelope
15. Which king of England, Scotland and Ireland had Nell Gwyn as his mistress?
A Charles I
B James I
C Henry VII
D Charles II