General Knowledge Quiz
1. What was the profession of Sir George Gilbert Scott? A Painter
2. What sort of creature is an oystercatcher?
A A fish
B A bird
C A mammal
D A snake
3. Which Brookside character returned in 1997 after a long break from the Close?
A Jimmy Corkhill
B Little Jimmy Corkhill
C Barry Grant
4. What sort of creature is an argali?
A A wild horse B A wild sheep C A wild rabbit D A wild cat
5. Which percussion instrument that originated in China is also known as a tam-tam?
6. What is the title of the latest album from UB40, featuring Ali Campbell and Astro?
A Unprecedented B Unforeseen C Unstoppable D Unusual
7. Who starred in the films Coffee and Cigarettes (2004) and Romance & Cigarettes (2006)?
A Susan Sarandon
B Steve Buscemi
C John Goodman
D Nicolas Cage
8. What was the popular name for the scandal that forced the resignation of Richard Nixon in 1974?
9. Which admiral was mortally wounded when commanding the British fleet at the Battle of Trafalgar?
A Horatio Nelson
B Herbert Belson
C Horace Kelson
D George Telson 10. Which modern standup comedian is famous for hanging around with badgers? A Vic Reeves
B Jack Dee
C Harry Hill
D Eddie Izzard
11. Who had a top ten hit single in 1961 with Halfway To Paradise?
A David Bowie
B John Lennon
C Bob Dylan
D Billy Fury
12. Which German composer collaborated with Bertolt Brecht on The Threepenny Opera?
A Isaac Albeniz
B Kurt Weill
C Josef Hauer
D Zoltan Kodaly
13. Which Scottish location was the scene of the last pitched battle to be fought in Britain?
14. On which great river does the German city of Cologne stand?