This weekend Gilberto Ramirez looks to extend his unbeaten run to 38 fights.
1. WANHENG MENAYOTHIN (50-0) Newsflash: Floyd Mayweather isn’t the only boxer to have hit a perfect 50 in the last 12 months. No, back in May, Wanheng Menayothin, the WBC minimumweight champion, did the same and, unlike Mayweather, actually defeated a pro boxer to reach the landmark.
2. DEONTAY WILDER (40-0) More impressive than Wilder’s 40 straight pro victories is the fact that a whopping 39 of them were achieved by knockout. Only Bermane Stiverne, later starched in a round by Wilder, was able to see the finish line.
3. MIKEY GARCIA (38-0) The classy and skilful Garcia is 38-0 but could have registered even more wins had he not been kept out of the ring for two-and-a-half years because of promotional issues.
4. GENNADY GOLOVKIN (38-0-1) Golovkin’s perfect record was slightly tarnished by a controversial draw against Canelo Alvarez last September but there is still no clear blueprint on how to beat the middleweight champion.
5. GILBERTO RAMIREZ (37-0) Although it’s rare that Mexico produces quality fighters in the higher weight classes, what isn’t unusual is for a Mexican to string together a long unbeaten record. Ramirez is the latest in a line.
6. EMILIANO MARSILI (36-0-1) Marsili is a 41-year-old Italian content to stay at home and extend his unbeaten record against fringe contenders. He’s known to UK fans for stopping Derry Mathews in 2012.
7. KONSTANTIN PONOMAREV (34-0) This Russian middleweight turned pro at the tender age of 17. Now 25, he is still waiting for his moment to step up and put his undefeated record in danger.
8. TERENCE CRAWFORD (33-0) The gifted “Bud” Crawford recently stretched his perfect run to 33 with a ninth-round knockout of Jeff Horn. At this point, he looks almost unbeatable.
9. REY VARGAS (32-0) WBC super-bantamweight champion Vargas recorded many of his wins in Mexico before venturing to Britain in 2017 to defeat Gavin Mcdonnell and claim his current title.
10. JERMELL CHARLO (31-0) Jermell, like his brother Jermall, is unbeaten as a pro and has won four of his last five fights by knockout. He’s the current WBC super-welterweight champion and looks a hard man to beat.