British Railway Modelling (BRM)
ACCURASCALE SHOWS DECORATED SAMPLES OF GWR/BR 78XX 'MANOR'
The first decorated samples of the GWR/BR 78XX 4-6-0 'Manor' have arrived with Accurascale's project management team for assessment. Models of 7812 Earlestroke Manor in BR lined green livery with late BR crest, and 7808 Cookham Manor, one of the locomotives Accurascale surveyed and scanned, in GWR Shirtbutton livery have been shown.
Accurascale's engineering team is assessing liveries at present before production commences. It has identified areas that require further improvement:
• Copper chimney is too red and top should be copper colour
• Firebox coal is said to be a more realistic colour when flicker is off
• The coal load is expected to be further refined and receive greater finesse
• Nameplates will be etched and fitted, with etched number plates provided in the detailing pack
• Further polishing of the die-cast body to remove seam remnants
• Locomotive numbers are slightly too large and are expected to be corrected
• Orientation of its lamp brackets is to be reviewed
• The front coupler is to be adjusted to ensure it can be stowed on the hook
The improvements have been fed back to its factory, and as changes are minor, production is expected to begin shortly, with a delivery date of Q2 2022 anticipated.
Accurascale has apologised for the delay in delivery of models. Supply chain issues have impacted production in 2021, as well as the pandemic. The manufacturer has said it feels that the slight delay will be justified in the final model. In the new year, Accurascale is expected to provide photographs of the other livery samples, including BR black and GWR variants, with video of these locomotives in action, featuring its custom DCC sound project.
For further details on the project, and pricing, visit the Accurascale website.