CAJUN TACOS WITH PICKLED RED ONION AND TARTARE SAUCE
2 portions of Cajun Beer-battered Oyster Mushrooms (as before); 4 tortilla wraps; 1 avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced; Handful of lettuce leaves; Handful of fresh coriander; 2 portions of Tartare Sauce (as before); 4tbsp sriracha or your favourite hot sauce For the Pickled Red Onion:
1 red onion, finely sliced; 1tbsp apple cider vinegar; 1tsp sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 2400C/2200C fan/475 0F/gas 9. Meanwhile, make the pickled onion. Place the sliced red onion in a bowl and pour over the vinegar.
2. Add the salt, stir to combine, then set aside for at least 10 minutes.
3. Place the battered mushrooms on a wire rack over a baking tray and bake for five minutes. Check to see if they’re warmed through and crispy. If not, return them to the oven for another few minutes.
4. Warm the tortillas in a frying pan over a medium heat for two minutes on each side.
5. To assemble the tacos, place each wrap on a plate and pile the battered mushrooms on them. Top with the avocado, lettuce and coriander, then drizzle over some tartare sauce and sriracha.
6. Fold the wraps over and serve.