Your hol­i­day: Sin­ga­pore

Known as Asia’s Gar­den City, it’s the per­fect place for a family break

Chat - - Contents -

1 Park­life Sin­ga­pore is the world’s green­est metropo­lis and, with the air­line Nor­we­gian now fly­ing there from Gatwick, it’s even more ac­ces­si­ble. Wind­sor Na­ture Park has a net­work of walking trails, in­clud­ing a 150m-long sub-canopy walk­way. Spot tur­tles, lizards, drag­on­flies, pan­golins, deer and snakes.

2 Take the family The kids’ll have just as much fun as you. Sen­tosa Is­land re­sort has great, child-friendly at­trac­tions, such as ifly (in­door sky­div­ing), Uni­ver­sal Stu­dios and the Sky­line Luge.

3 In­cred­i­ble ar­chi­tec­ture From the ‘star­chi­tect’-de­signed Ma­rina Bay Sands ho­tel and the ‘shop­houses’ of Chi­na­town, to the grand Na­tional Gallery Sin­ga­pore, its build­ings are awe-in­spir­ing.

Gar­den of dreams Gar­dens by the Bay park, with over 250,000 species of plants, is just a five-minute walk from the cen­tral busi­ness district. Highlights in­clude the Flower Dome and Cloud For­est con­ser­va­to­ries. Look out for the huge Venus fly­trap plant and thun­der­ing wa­ter­falls!

5 Take a tip­ple When it comes to cock­tails, there’s only one place to go – Raf­fles Ho­tel. The gin­based Sin­ga­pore Sling was cre­ated here by bar­man Ngiam Tong Boon in 1915.

6 An­i­mal life Sin­ga­pore Zoo is fa­mous for its ‘open’ de­sign, with crea­tures in large en­clo­sures sur­rounded by moats or other non­in­tru­sive bar­ri­ers. And it’s easy to get around in trams, boats and even horse-drawn car­riages.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.