Bingo winners

I’m us­ing my £4,102 win to visit my grand­kids!

Chat - - Contents - By Denise Dean, 71, from Mid Glam­or­gan

As I Skyped my daugh­ter Stella, 52, I could also see my grand­daugh­ters danc­ing in the back­ground.

‘I miss you so much,’ I said, blow­ing kisses.

It’d been three years since I’d ac­tu­ally seen them.

You see, my daugh­ter and her kids live in Philadel­phia.

But we Skype as much as pos­si­ble and she sends me pho­tos of the fun they have.

My other two chil­dren, Christo­pher, 50, and Dar­ren, 46, are here in the UK. They visit me and my hus­band Steven, 62, when­ever they can.

I have nine grand­daugh­ters, so I’m kept very busy, but I do miss the three in Philadel­phia.

When I’m not spend­ing time with my fam­ily, one of the things I en­joy is Chat Mag Bingo.

I’ve been a mem­ber since July 2012 and it’s such fun. I love the games and chat­ting to other mem­bers. The Tiki bingo game is my favourite.

You can play from just 1p a ticket.

Last De­cem­ber, I made a cuppa after a long day and logged on to Chat Mag Bingo.

It was the 7-8pm Ses­sion Bingo game. You buy a bun­dle of tick­ets for 15 games, which lasts an hour.

Sip­ping my tea, I watched as the num­bers were dabbed off. One num­ber to go… Then I al­most dropped a bis­cuit in my cup when I looked at my ac­count bal­ance. ‘Steven!’ I squealed. He ran in from the kitchen and looked so wor­ried. ‘Ev­ery­thing OK?’ he asked.

‘Look at my bal­ance,’ I said, show­ing him my screen.

There, in front of our eyes, it had shot up by £4,102.

We couldn’t be­lieve it – that was the most I’d ever won on the bingo.

That night we be­gan plan­ning what to spend it.

Over the next few weeks, we bought a king-size bed, but put the rest aside.

We knew ex­actly what we were go­ing to spend it on.

Go­ing on Skype, I clicked on Stella’s num­ber and it rang a few times be­fore she an­swered. ‘Hi, Mum, you OK?’ she asked. Grin­ning from ear to ear, I told her all about my win.

‘I want to spend the win­nings on a trip to come and see you all,’ I an­nounced.

Straight­away, Stella gath­ered the girls around the screen and when we told them, they all jumped for joy.

We’ve booked tick­ets for a three-week trip this De­cem­ber.

They begged us to go ear­lier, but we wanted a Christ­mas trip.

It’s been so long since we’ve seen them and the girls have grown up so much. We’re so ex­cited. And we had my Chat Mag Bingo win to thank.

If I could give any ad­vice to other play­ers, then I’d say give it a go. It’s such a fun, friendly site.

If a big win can hap­pen to me, then it could hap­pen to any­one.

There re­ally are real-life winners.

Thank you so much, Chat Mag Bingo!

This was the most that I’d ever won on the bingo!

ia, Philadelph ‘ ’ here we come!

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.