THE BIG QUIZ

Chat - - True Life -

T he an­swers to all but one of these quiz ques­tions can be found hid­den in this word­search grid, read­ing for­wards, back­wards, up, down or di­ag­o­nally. The an­swers are in al­pha­bet­i­cal or­der. How­ever, one an­swer can’t be found in the grid. This is your prize an­swer.

the Sil­ver Screen – Blue

1 What com­pletes the ti­tle of the 1980 mu­si­cal com­edy

The Blues ..., fea­tur­ing John Belushi and Dan Aykroyd as Jake and El­wood Blues? (8) 2 Who played James Bond in Sky­fall, the 2012 episode of the 007 fran­chise? (6,5) 3 Which mu­sic leg­end starred in the 1960 mu­si­cal G.I. Blues – filmed just af­ter he was dis­charged from his own Na­tional Ser­vice – and the 1961 mu­si­cal rom­com Blue Hawaii? (5,7)

Where in the World? red

4 The an­cient rock-hewn city of Pe­tra, po­et­i­cally de­scribed as ‘a rose-red city half as old as time,’ is in which Mid­dle Eastern coun­try? (6) 5 Which cap­i­tal city is home to the Red Square, which is flanked on its four sides by Saint Basil’s Cathe­dral, the State Mu­seum, the Krem­lin and the GUM depart­ment store? (6) 6 Which desert coun­try, cap­i­tal Riyadh, can be reached by cross­ing the Red Sea from Egypt or north­ern Su­dan? (5, 6)

Green

7 What’s the des­ig­na­tion given to tracts of land on which build­ing is re­stricted for rea­sons of en­vi­ron­men­tal preser­va­tion and to stop ur­ban sprawl? (9) 8 Which ‘Green’ is the name of the en­vi­ron­men­tal ac­tivist group, famed for its an­ti­whal­ing in­ter­ven­tions, and which uses the ship

Rain­bow War­rior II? (10) 9 Which ‘Green’ is the lo­ca­tion in Lon­don of the Royal Ob­ser­va­tory and the nought de­gree lon­gi­tude meridian line? (9)

Yel­low

10 Which band, fronted by singer-song­writer Chris Martin, had a Top Ten hit with its 2000 song Yel­low? (8) 11 Which form of trans­port com­pletes the 1966 song by The Bea­tles Yel­low ..., that be­gins In the town where I was born, lived a man who sailed to sea..? (9) 12 In which race, which starts this year on 7 July and which will cover 3.329km, does the over­all leader wear the fa­mous yel­low jersey? (4, 2, 6)

White

13 What’s the sur­name (which trans­lates as ‘the white’) of the ac­tor Matt ..., who moved on from Friends to present Top Gear? (7) 14 Which White is the area of Lon­don in which se­rial killer Jack the Rip­per mur­dered at least five women in the sec­ond half of 1888? (11) 15 In the Wars of the Roses, the red rose was the sym­bol of the House of Lan­caster, the white rose was the sym­bol for the House of …, what? (4)

3. Who’s got a case of the Blues?

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.