The big quiz

Chat - - Contents -

The an­swers to all th­ese gen­eral knowl­edge ques­tions – ex­cept one – are in the grid in var­i­ous di­rec­tions. to be this week’s Chat big quiz cham­pion, work out which an­swer is miss­ing. this is your prize an­swer. An­swers are in al­pha­bet­i­cal order in each sec­tion.

The Sil­ver Screen – Jen­nifer

1 What is the sur­name of the ac­tress Jen­nifer ..., who moved from Friends in TV to star in Pic­ture Per­fect, The Good Girl and Mar­ley & Me on the big screen? (7) 2 What is the sur­name of the ac­tress Jen­nifer ..., who played Kat­niss Everdeen in The Hunger Games movies and Mys­tique in the X-men movies? (8) 3 What is the sur­name of the multi-tal­ented Jen­nifer ..., whose cred­its in­clude star­ring in the movie The Wed­ding Plan­ner, the TV se­ries Shades of Blue and chart-top­ping hits Love Don’t Cost a Thing and Get Right? (5)

Where in The World? J

4 Which South East Asian coun­try’s cap­i­tal is Jakarta on the is­land of Java? (9) 5 What J is the largest of the Chan­nel Is­lands, whose name was bor­rowed and ‘New’ added to make a state on the USA’S east coast? (6) 6 What J is the largest city in South Africa, sit­u­ated on the Highveld south of Pre­to­ria? (12)

John

7 What ‘John’ is the British mu­sic su­per­star who changed his name from Regi­nald Dwight be­fore find­ing fame? (5,4) 8 What ‘John’ is the ten­nis star turned com­men­ta­tor who won Wim­ble­don in 1981, 1983 and 1984 and was nick­named ‘Su­per­brat’ af­ter his on-court tantrums? (4,7) 9 What com­pletes the stage name Johnny ..., adopted by singer song­writer John Ly­don when he was fronting the Sex Pis­tols? (6)

Jane

10 Which au­thor cre­ated the am­a­teur sleuth Miss Jane Marple? (6,8) 11 What word, mean­ing a tragedy or disas­ter, com­pletes the name of ... Jane, an Amer­i­can fron­tier­swoman who joined Buf­falo Bill’s Wild West show and who was played on the big screen by Doris Day? (8) 12 What word com­pletes the clas­sic novel Sense and ..., writ­ten by Jane Austen? (11)

JESS

13 In which soap opera does Jessie Wal­lace play the char­ac­ter Kat Slater? (10) 14 In which multi-event sport did Dame Jes­sica En­nis-hill win three World Cham­pion ti­tles and the gold medal at the 2012 Lon­don Olympics? (10) 15 What was the sur­name of the Amer­i­can out­law Jesse ..., who along with his brother Frank robbed banks and trains in the years af­ter the Amer­i­can Civil War? (5)

4. Where is this mu­seum?

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.