Can­cer test

Chat - - Health -

Q My mates have had the blood test for prostate can­cer. Should I ask for it? Ian, Fal­mouth

AThe test mea­sures prostate­spe­cific anti­gen (PSA), a pro­tein made by your prostate gland. High lev­els can mean can­cer, but can of­ten have other causes. It’s not re­li­able enough to be rou­tine in this coun­try – but, after dis­cussing the pros and cons, your NHS GP can ar­range it if you’re over 50.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.